Friday, June 19, 2009

Are they coming back?

Yesterday we saw a "horny toad" aka Texas horned lizard.......

for the first time in quite a while. I was walking with the dogs in the early morning and noticed RA stopped along our fence line- out of the truck- looking under the truck. I thought he had snagged a piece of fence wire under his truck and was trying to untangle it. But when I got to him he said he had seen a horny toad and was afraid it had run under the pickup. RA is notorious for spotting horny toads while driving down the road- I am always amazed. Just about the time we had decided it had moved on to the other side of the fence, RA looked down and it was at the tip of his boot.

I hope this is a good sign that they are increasing in numbers here at our place.

1 comment:

Charla (SHar-la) said...

When we were in Stanton at the walk, we saw a couple of horny toads and of course I thought of Dad. I hope they are making a comeback!