Sunday, September 07, 2008

Four Pounds of Hamburger, 16 hotdogs

This evening we hosted our church youth group for a swim and supper. We had 6 boys and 2 girls along with 5 adults. Ray cooked 4 pounds of hamburgers and 16 hotdogs. We served chips, sodas and cookies and fruit. At the end of the evening we had no hamburgers, 3 hotdogs, 10 cookies and no fruit left. AMAZING!!! I think we have forgotten just how much high school athletes have to consume to keep going. They spent about an hour in the tank swimming (our equivalent of the "cement pond" on the Beverly Hillbillies!!) and playing either Marco Polo or Sharks and ??????? It was great. The sky was clear. Temps in the low 90s. Light breeze from the southeast. It was wonderful. If any of you has some fun ideas of things to do with a combined Junior High/High School church youth group, please let me know. We are going to have some activities with the youth of another church in town. We also have two weekend retreats in the plans and a trip through the Corn Maze outside a nearby town. Any other ideas???

2 comments:

Charla (SHar-la) said...

First, it is Sharks and Minnows, Mom. We played it all the time, can't believe you couldn't remember! ;) Second, one of the best retreats I ever went on with King's Kids was paintballing somewhere near Utopia (I think). We had the BEST time! Also, what about going to a ropes course in the area?

Sounds like you guys had a great time! How many kiddos did you have? I hope this means positive motivation and energy for a growing youth group at FPCU!

Love you!

Charla (SHar-la) said...

p.s. Remember what I told you I wanted you to go with me to do? I might have to do it on my own this weekend. Not for sure, but it is a good possibility because I will be in the area anyway.