Saturday, June 24, 2006

Doing dishes

This week's quote of the week: We arrived home from being gone for a long weekend. Ray said
"This sounds strange, but, are the dishes in the bathtub clean?" Yes, in the bathtub. But now I have access to a wonderful new sink. By the middle of next week I hope to have hot water with it. Here is a peek at how the new kitchen is coming along.



I picked up the glass front doors that go over the shelves. The glass is clear, but has bubbles in it to make it look old. I sealed grout Thursday evening, but have not yet finished. I will have to seal the grout around the bathtub too. I will put more pictures up soon.







Plata is having a hard time getting used to all of the ceramic tile and the hardwood in the den. She can't get the same traction to be able to jump up on the sofa or in my lap when I am sitting down. She will get the hang of it I'm sure.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I LOVE the countertops! It's looking like it's all coming together now and I can't wait to see it in person. Love you and see you soon.

-Amy

Charla (SHar-la) said...

Oh, mamma, it looks GREAT! I can't wait to see it in person! The mosaic on the countertops looks great and you know, as much as I wanted y'all to get stainless in the kitchen, I think what you chose looks great and really blends with the rest of the kitchen, well. On another note, I'm not sure if I will make it to Uvalde or not. I will call you and give you more details.