Sunday, October 26, 2008

Big Snake Story #2

This time I was an eye witness. R A was working on rebuilding the picnic table ( the wrecking crew from Austin had worked it over a few weeks ago) and heard BW (the cat) making noises. The dogs were in the yard with him and he teasingly told Plata to "get the cat". As soon as she got to the cat on the other side of the yard, R A said he could hear the snake start rattling. He ran into the house (with the dogs) and grabbed his 20 ga. shotgun. The snake was just outside the fence- just as before, coiled and ready to strike. When R A shot it, I saw BW jump and take off away from the house. I haven't seen him since...... might be next week before we see him again.

The best part of the afternoon......




2 comments:

Donna said...

I'm beginning to think you need a mongoose. Those snakes are huge! Make them go away or kill them all! dp

Charla (SHar-la) said...

Oh my goodness! Another one? That is crazy! It needs to get cold there fast!!! I'm glad you have animals to warn you but I worry about those big suckers getting into the yard one of these times! I'll call you tonight...

Oh, and the picnic table looks great!