Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Happy Anniversary!

Our engagement picture
June 1977
Ray made the comment this morning that we had been married more years than we were single. That is true for him. As for me, that milestone hit a few years ago. Amazing!!! We have a quiet anniversary evening planned- going to one of our favorite restaurants on the Frio River House Pasture Cattle Company, in Concan. They make a mean margarita and the food is delicious. We like to sit outside on the patio. Next time you are here, we'll take you.
We have a big time planned in San Antonio next week attending the Vietnam Helicopter Pilots Association national convention. We have a room at the Marriott Rivercenter, where the convention is taking place. I have hopes of spending some time at the San Antonio museums- there are some new exhibits and new construction I haven't seen yet. It should be a fun four days. We will be in San Antonio for July 4th. That evening is the open night of the convention. I think that is because many of the people who will be attending are either active or retired military, so many of them will go to the area military bases for celebrations. The city of San Antonio has some sort of big thing on the Riverwalk that night- If we are lucky we may be able to watch from the hotel without getting out in the crowds.
So, Happy Anniversary to us!!!!

6 comments:

Donna said...

Happy Anniversary! What # does this make? Our last one was 37, OMG! Enjoy your meal and I'll lick my lips thinking about it. Love ya both! Glad you posted on your blog too.

R A and L D said...

I wondered how many days it would take before someone realized I had posted. And it didn't even take you a day!!! Today is 31. No promise on future postings, but I do think about posting often. Just not as dedicated to it as my girls!!! thanks for the note-

Charla (SHar-la) said...

Aw, I loved seeing that picture! And, if we praise you enough for posting again, would you maybe do it more than once every three months? Maybe? I hope you guys had a great evening! Oh, how I wish we could be in SA with y'all on the 4th! Sigh...

Love you both!

R A and L D said...

I love the new look!! Thanks sweeet daughter. I am sure the 60's flower power and notebook paper all have references as well as my favorite color green throughout. It looks great!!

Charla (SHar-la) said...

I was wondering if you had seen it or not yet! I'm glad you like it! I spent a few hours on it this morning and I'm really pleased with the way it turned out! I had so much fun! Maybe Donna would like me to do one for her? I wouldn't have a clue what she liked but I'll ask her and see what she thinks! I could DEFINITELY do this for a living! Maybe someday. Sigh...

Love you, Momma! And I'm glad you like your makeover!

p.s. The psychedelic flower power and all that have absolutely NO connotation, but the green was purposeful because I know it is your favorite! I just liked the vintage look of the stuff in the header and it doesn't come as a kit...it's all random so you just go through and pick what you think might go together and then you just play until you like the way it looks...just like real scrapbooking!

Amy said...

Okay...I'm the slowpoke of the bunch.

1. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!
2. I was wondering how long it would take Charla to makeover your blog. It looks amazing.
3. I am also throwing you a heavy dose of praise for posting - keep it up, Mom D!
4. Enjoy SA!