Friday, January 05, 2007

I owe, I owe, it's off to work I go!

The first two days back at the high school have been surprisingly good. Every time I hear Dr. Brown talk about his vision for our school I am encouraged. He actually joined the Fine Arts dept. meeting yesterday for over an hour and fielded questions about his goals and perceptions/visions if you will/ for the Fine Arts in UCISD. He admits a strong interest in the Arts even though he grew up a jock and never attended any Fine Arts classes. His perception is that students need exposure to all of the disciplines so they can be well rounded.... a good classical education..... yeah!!! I better get on- more grading and planning to do.

1 comment:

Charla (SHar-la) said...

Glad to see another post! How encouraging to have a leader with the same vision as you have. For the most part, that's how I felt at Jane Long and it is so empowering! I will be anxious to see how all of you begin to unfold your plan! Love you!